United Environmental Services have offices at Booths Park in Cheshire, but work across the UK.
For more information on the services we can provide for you, or just for general advice contact us by telephone or by clicking the link below.
United Environmental Services (UES) provide ecological surveys and advice (including protected species licensing), ecological project management, landscaping and habitat creation works and a host of other services which can be found by clicking the links on the right hand side of the page.
UES specialise in managing large capital infrastructure projects where ecological issues can pose significant risks to overall development programmes and construction timelines. Many of our projects come from repeat business and recommendations. Our client base includes developers, planners, architects, engineers, home owners, LPA’s, and statutory nature organisations. In short, we have significant knowledge of what is required to achieve planning permission without going to prohibitively expensive lengths to get it. Our commercial clients include:
• Barratt Wilson Homes
• Cheshire East Council
• Cheshire Wildlife Trust
• Crown Estates
• Denbighshire County Council
• Education Funding Agency
• Kier Construction
• Laing O’Rourke
• Liverpool County Council
• Muse Developments
• National Grid
• Network Rail
• North Wales Police
• Seddon Homes
• United Utilities PLC
• Wrexham Council
Our staff are suitably qualified and experienced to deal with a broad range of ecological issues, from bat and Great crested newt surveys and mitigation, through to landscape design and planting schemes.
UES employees are members of the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM), and as such are subject to a professional code of conduct and continuing professional development (CPD).
UES employees include Natural England, Natural Resources Wales and Scottish Natural Heritage licensed bat and GCN ecologists, who are legally allowed to disturb and handle these UK and European protected species. Toby Hart, UES’ Managing Director, is also one of only a handful of people to have successfully registered for a low impact bat class licence issued by Natural England.
We are responsive to the needs of our clients. From the time we are commissioned through to the receipt of your final report, you can speak directly to the person working on your project.
General liability insurance including public, products and employer's liability up to £10,000,000 and professional indemnity insurance of £5,000,000 per any one event.
We react quickly to requests for ecological advice and survey work and provide high quality reports quickly, helping to keep your project on schedule and within budget. We aim to provide a service that not only meets but also exceeds the expectations of our clients, in terms of quality, speed and cost. And if our clients tell us that we could be doing something better, we listen.
Extended works contracts and continued tender success with our clients is a testament to UES’ commitment to consistently deliver a high standard of ecological survey and reporting at a competitive cost. Our clients welcome our strong emphasis on fast turnaround times and pro-active approach as well as the flexibility to deal with any last minute oversights.
We have established a reputation for quality robust survey work, data analysis and reporting, and providing results you can
rely on. The quotes below are from a few of our clients:
• ‘I write in the capacity of a Project Manager and confirm that we have had the opportunity of working with UES on a number of projects. We have been particularly impressed at the efficiency with which UES has completed each commission, delivering high quality advice and results at a competitive price. On one important project, UES successfully ensured that negotiations with Merseyside Environmental Advisory Service were concluded swiftly, which benefited the process of submitting planning permission enormously. We would happily recommend UES to our clients and look forward to working with them as our partners on future schemes’
Chartered Surveyor and Senior Consultant
• ‘We have had the opportunity of working with UES on a number of projects. We have been particularly impressed at the speed at which UES has turned each commission around, each time delivering high quality advice and results. On one project, UES successfully ensured 2 planning conditions were discharged within 2 days of submitting their report thanks to their proactive approach. We would happily recommend UES to our clients’
Senior Surveyor - Planning & Development
Drivers Jonas Deloitte
• ‘Muse have had the pleasure in working with UES on a number of our developments. We have been able to rely on their professional and proactive approach in dealing with sensitive ecological and planning issues on both Brownfield and Greenfield developments. UES have consistently demonstrated a real understanding and commitment to the long term success of the developments we have worked together on. I would have no hesitation in recommending UES as a prospective ecological consultant’
• ‘UES has undertaken various projects for me on behalf of a number of my clients. I would like to compliment you on the high standard of work, reports and advice that UES has provided to my clients. Another important point to note is the prompt attention to detail and speed that UES has showed in each and every project I have instructed upon. I sincerely hope that we can continue to work together into the foreseeable future’
Associate – Land and Business
• ‘UES were very helpful and provided reports in a timely manner. Toby was always on hand when advice was needed and this proved invaluable given timescales were very tight in the run up to our contract start date. I would not think twice about recommending the services of UES to colleagues and clients alike in the future’
Chartered Building Surveyor
The Vinden Partnership